Looking for something to impress your friends and family with this holiday season? Here are a few recipes from your favorite celebrities that you can make!
Christmas is right around the corner and not everyone is a master chef. For those that want to do something a little extra special for the holidays, a handmade treat is a perfect option. Here are some delicious celebrity recipes you can make for this Christmas. Share them with your friends, family, and yourself!
Kristen Bell’s Everything Cookies
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup agave nectar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vinegar (white or apple cider works)
1 large organic egg
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
1 1/2 cups rolled oats 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees then line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix together the butter, applesauce, sugar, and agave nectar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, vinegar, and egg until smooth.
- Add the baking soda, flour, oats, and both kinds of chips to the mix and stir.
- The cookies will spread out so space out the dough evenly across the baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 12 to 14 minutes. Remember to cool them before removing them from the sheets!
Dolly Parton’s Cinnamon Bread
Vegetable oil cooking spray
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
1 1-lb loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
4 tbsp (1/2 stick) butter, melted
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
2 tbsp water or fresh lemon juice
- Coat two loaf pans with vegetable oil cooking spray. On a plate, mix the sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut the dough lengthwise into two pieces. Make four shallow cross slits in each piece. Then coat the loaves all over with butter. Roll each loaf in the cinnamon mixture.
- Put the loaves in the loaf pans and set them aside in a warm place to rise for 30 minutes.
- Use this time to preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Put the pans into the oven. Bake for around 35 minutes.
- Mix together the powdered sugar and lemon juice to create the glaze.
- Take out the bread and while they are still warm, drizzle them with the glaze.
Chrissy Teigen’s Chocolate Mousse
1 cup good-quality chocolate chips or coarsely chopped chocolate (6 ounces)
1/3 cup whole milk
3/4 cup cold heavy cream
- Combine the chocolate and milk and microwave on high for 1 minute and 15 seconds. 2. Remove and stir the mixture until melted; set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Once the chocolate has cooled, whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cooled chocolate until uniform, making sure not to stir too hard.
- Evenly divide the mixture into glasses and put into the refrigerator to cool for 2 hours.
Sarah Michelle Gellar’s Gingerbread Cookies
11 tbsp butter, room temperature
Foodstirs Organic Very Merry Gingerbread Cookie Mix
3 tbsp of cold water
- Blend the butter until creamy using a stand mixer on low speed.
- Add the egg and cookie mix. Then add 1 tbsp of water at a time until a moist dough forms.
- Form the dough into a disk, then wrap it in a plastic wrap and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Use this time to Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Roll the dough to ¼-inch thick and cut with a gingerbread cookie cutter. Space the cutouts on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes. Then cool them for a few minutes before removing.
- Get creative! Make gingerbread man sandwiches by putting frosting in between two gingerbreads.