Every week, host Maria Menounos will bring you the world’s leading healers, experts, influential celebrities & game-changers to share groundbreaking secrets and tips to getting better in all areas of life, including physical health, emotional wellness, spirituality, finances, relationships & more. Getting better isn’t easy, but it’s a whole lot easier when we do it together.
Support the show by becoming a patron and getting access to exclusive content, and an extra episode every week! Patreon.com/MariaMenounos
Parents, your home has probably NEVER felt crazier, and now you’re expected to teach there!? Luckily, professor, public school programming director and former elementary school teacher, Dr. Betsy Kannenberg is here to save the day, with incredible tips to keep you sane during this time. Take a look at the INCREDIBLE list of resources she offers below:
“SPRING BREAK” RESOURCES: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fMdIcg4VxJKtiNJzeq2keJHtH4OD03dvMAWZTMBOapY/edit?usp=sharing
JO BOALER’S YOUCUBED MATH SUPPORT (For Parents Who Struggle With Math): https://www.youcubed.org/resources/6-ways-support-childs-mathematical-development/
MATH PROBLEM OF THE DAY: www.mathproblemoftheday.com
FAMILY ACTIVITIES: http://www.amazingeducationalresources.com/
LIST OF RESOURCES FOR PARENTS: https://sites.google.com/smusd.org/smusd-optional-learning/home
MOVEMENT BREAKS: www.gonoodle.com
List of Take-Aways:
1) Develop a daily routine/schedule.
2) Designate a work space with all needed supplies on hand
3) Build in lots of breaks! Kids need movement and exercise. Play outside (if possible) or go to for kid movement break videos (Go Noodle Linked Above).
4) Create checklists/star charts for short tasks so kids can feel productive.
5) Lots of praise and positive reinforcement. It also really helps to praise effort and perseverance vs. “right” or “wrong” answers. Celebrate mistakes as learning opportunities.
6) Chunk tasks where possible if kids get overwhelmed.
7) Build in time for preferred activities (legos, puzzles, dance, music, etc.)
8) Let kids be as independent as possible-it’s okay to let them grapple a bit-they know you are there to support if needed
9) Let the kids teach YOU.
10) Reading for pleasure is a great way to learn! Let kids pick the books they want to read.
11) Don’t be afraid to reach out to your child’s teacher(s) and school staff for support.
12) Forgiveness and Flexibility: This is an unprecedented time and many families are under a great deal of stress. First and foremost, our kids need to know that they are loved and safe.
13) Kids are amazingly resilient. If they are loved and supported, they will be okay.
Join our Facebook group!: https://www.facebook.com/groups/432608110738691/
Thanks for listening to Better Together with Maria Menounos!
Please help us by rating, commenting and subscribing on Apple Podcasts & Spotify.
If you love the show, be sure to tell a friend and social your favorite moments from the episode!
We’ve launched a patreon that will include exclusive episodes and access! To find out more go to: https://www.patreon.com/join/MariaMenounos
For more After Shows for your favorite TV shows and the latest news in TV, Film, and exclusive celebrity interviews, visit http://www.AfterBuzzTV.com
Every day, host Maria Menounos will bring you the world’s leading healers, experts, influential celebrities & game-changers to share groundbreaking secrets and tips to getting better in all areas of life, including physical health, emotional wellness, spirituality, finances, relationships & more. Getting better isn’t easy, but it’s a whole lot easier when we do it together.
Support the show by becoming a patron and getting access to exclusive bonus content & monthly live zoom Heal Events with Maria and world-leading experts and healers!
Join at: www.Patreon.com/MariaMenounos
Happy Monday Heal Squad!!! On today’s episode, Maria shares with us how to be the creator of your own life and the importance of FOCUS. How does Maria clear out distractions to achieve her goals? Maria also gives us the best tips & tricks on how to unwind after a long day (that we all really could use). Maria also talks about her time on the East Coast and the charms of a small town.
HEAL SQUAD SOCIALS
HEAL SQUAD RESOURCES:
Curated Macy’s Page: macys.com/healsquad
Amazon Storefront: https://www.amazon.com/shop/mariamenounos
ABOUT MARIA MENOUNOS:
Emmy Award-winning journalist, TV personality, actress, 2x NYT best-selling author, former pro-wrestler and brain tumor survivor, Maria Menounos’ passion is to see others heal and to get better in all areas of life.
ABOUT HEAL SQUAD x MARIA MENOUNOS:
A daily digital talk-show that brings you the world’s leading healers, experts, and celebrities to share groundbreaking secrets and tips to getting better in all areas of life.
This Podcast and all related content [published or distributed by or on behalf of Maria Menounos or Mariamenounos.com] is for informational purposes only and may include information that is general in nature and that is not specific to you.
Any information or opinions expressed or contained herein are not intended to serve as or replace medical advice, nor to diagnose, prescribe or treat any disease, condition, illness or injury, and you should consult the health care professional of your choice regarding all matters concerning your health, including before beginning any exercise, weight loss, or health care program. If you have, or suspect you may have, a health-care emergency, please contact a qualified health care professional for treatment.
Any information or opinions provided by guest experts or hosts featured within website or on Company’s Podcast are their own; not those of Maria Menounos or the Company. Accordingly, Maria Menounos and the Company cannot be responsible for any results or consequences or actions you may take based on such information or opinions.