In celebration of Black History Month, Afterbuzz TV wants to celebrate Cicely Tyson with ten historical things she accomplished in her life.
Black History Matters: Cicely Tyson
- Last month, we lost one of the greatest black actresses of all time, Cicely Tyson. To celebrate this icon we have 10 historical things she was able to accomplish during her life.
- She was the first African-American to star in the TV drama series East Side/West Side in 1963.
- She was nominated for 14 Emmys and won three of them!
- In 1977, she was inducted into the Black Filmmakers Hall of Fame!
- Flashback! Did you catch her cameo in Willow Smith’s music video “21st Century Girl” !
- She was married to Miles Davis!
- Her cousin is Minister Louis Farrakhan!
- She was the first to wear her natural hair on tv!
- Even though she passed away on Jan.28 her legacy will forever live on.
What do you love about Cicely Tyson? Let us know in the comments below! If you love this article, make sure to share it with a friend!